1. Explanation of Current Medicare - Is Medicare hard to grasp? It may be confusing if you are under 60. Dr. Bohmfalk explains it clearly in this brief video. You will be able to see why Medicare is so popular and works so well. He also makes a case for Improved Medicare for All as a solution to our impending crisis in health care funding that will affect every one of us, no matter our age.
2. Where American Healthcare Is Now - Why is US healthcare at least twice as expensive as it is in the rest of the developed world? Dr. George Bohmfalk leads you directly to the elephant in the room. It is no mystery, and it is solvable once we as a country make the moral choice to provide healthcare to every citizen. He then elaborates on the enormous difficulties that our current healthcare financing system creates for so many of us. It does not need to be this way. We can and must do better.
3. Where is All The Money Going? - How can Improved Medicare for All save us money? Listen, as Dr. George Bohmfalk explains how switching to this system can cut $500 Billion/yr. in administrative cost and $150 Billion/yr. in drug and device costs. Fantastic? That would be more than enough to pay for health coverage for all Americans, giving us dental and vision coverage and no copays to boot.
4. How Do We Pay For It? - Dr. Bohmfalk shares a clear explanation of the numbers, citing a study by Amherst economist Gerald Friedman.
5. Do We Need Skin in the Game? - Your health insurance copays and deductibles are designed to lower overall healthcare spending by having you bear some of the cost for services, but do they actually do that? Dr. Jessica Schorr Saxe explains that in reality they do not decrease costs and simply move the burden from your insurer (BCBS, Aetna, United, etc.) to the insured (YOU).
6. Will It Help Americans Be Healthier? - In this video, Dr. Bohmfalk carefully and clearly explains the data showing that not having healthcare insurance markedly increases your risk of death at any age. Conversely, having Medicare dramatically decreases this risk. Why not make it available to every American?
7. Would It Be Disruptive? - Watch as Dr. George Bohmfalk discusses whether or not Medicare for All would be disruptive.
8. Would It Wreck The Economy? - Dr. Bohmfalk outlines the reasons why it would not wreck the economy. On the contrary!
STAY TUNED: NEW VIDEOS COMING SOON! What do single-payer and universal healthcare mean?, Is it socialized medicine?, Why aren't we there yet?, and How will it affect doctors and hospitals?
Dr. John Clarkson
Dr. Pressly Gilbert
Dr. Jessica Schorr Saxe
Dr. George Bohmfalk